Saturday, October 02, 2010

Garden variety jonesing

I didn't even really try to abstain.  None of that facing yourself in the mirror stuff for me.  I was simply looking to indulge my addiction for spring bulbs, and this morning's Financial Times provided the slender excuse needed.  I mean, who am I to argue when Robin Lane Fox is hustling spring flowering bulbs?  More "Tete-a-Tete," you say, Robin?  Sure, why not!



As midnight rolls around, this fall's order looks like:

Brent and Becky's Bulbs
10 Narcissus "Tete-a-Tete" (beds to side of front walk) Planted 10/31
50 Narcissus "Minnow" (beds to side of front walk) Planted 10/31
50 Narcissus "Thalia" (new side yard) Planted 11/6
10 Tulipa "Purple Prince" (old side yard) Planted 11/14

Old House Gardens
10 Tulipa "Prinses Irene" (old side yard) Planted 11/14

And for indoor forcing:

White Flower Farm
1 Amaryllis "Novella"
24 Paperwhite Narcissus "Ziva"

Old House Gardens
3 Hyacinth "Gipsy Queen" Cooling 11/12
3 Hyacinth "L'Innocence" Cooling 11/12

Total okay-ness.


No comments: